1. I have a big heart and I don’t mean that figuratively. Last year, I had a blood clot in my lung. Most people are diagnosed with a pulmonary embolism on the autopsy table. Fortunately, after weeks of chest pain and shortness of breath, my blood clot was found. My heart was working overtime to keep my blood circulating and it grew as a result! It could have given up, but instead it worked harder to keep me alive. It is returning to its smaller size and finally getting some well deserved rest.
2. My sensitive skin makes life challenging. It’s not easy being allergic to almost all fragrances and dyes. Add to that a sun allergy and you have a recipe for summer vacation disaster! The result of lifelong skin sensitivities and avoiding the sun? Super soft and healthy skin!
3. My fragile stomach has seen some rough days. Anyone close to me knows there is a long list of items I cannot eat. Also, I can only eat small portions at a time. This has forced me to cut out most junk and fast foods. Limiting these things helps keep my cholesterol low and my blood sugar regulated.
4. My eager immune system sometimes gets out of hand causing low grade fevers and even fatigue at times. My body has had to heal from a life threatening infection, sudden hemorrhage, and multiple surgeries. Each time I have surpassed my doctors’ expectations and healed quickly and completely.
5. For the first time in my life I have a full rear end! Since limiting my activities and exercise to meet my doctors’ orders and subsequently gaining a few pounds, I grew a nice butt. Regularly practiced yoga and light body weight exercises helps keep my new behind looking great.
This little body has been through a lot the past few years. I am thankful that it continues to serve me well and naturally knows exactly what to do to keep me feeling happy, healthy, and alive. Regardless of its shortcomings, I love it, just as it is.